April: Happy Decorating Month
April is officially National Decorating Month, and as most of us are spending all our time at home due to the Coronavirus lockdown, it’s a great opportunity to give it a fresh makeover!
Happy 1st of April. Normally around this time of the year we are looking forward to Easter breaks away and spending time with friends and family. Unfortunately, the COVID-19 outbreak means that April 2020 is anything but normal.
However, spring has still arrived, the evenings are getting lighter and the weather seems to be warming up, therefore there’s still some positives left.
Now you are spending much more time at home, have you been thinking about re-decorating? Maybe you would like to spruce up your bedroom? Re-arrange your living room? Brighten up your kitchen?
If so, why not take advantage of your time at home, and the fact that it is National Decorating Month, and get decorating.
Whilst we understand that many shops are currently closed, it is still possible to get décor products delivered, therefore have a look online to see where is open. Once you have managed to source what you want, here’s our top tips before you get started:
- Focus on one room at a time – that way it has your full focus and attention
- Try samples first – you will be able to see what paint/paper looks life before you commit
- Make sure you have all the right decorating tools and equipment
- Use masking tape – to prevent getting paint on wall sockets, doors, window frames, etc
- Dust & clean walls beforehand
- Cover furniture, carpets and flooring with plastic sheets
- Let the sun in – make sure you keep rooms light and allow natural light in each room
- Mirrors – adding a mirror to a room can make spaces feel brighter
- Add pictures to your rooms for an added touch
- Declutter rooms to help them feel more spacious
And don’t forget; think of the positives and the fresh new home you will have at the end of it.
Why not visit our portfolio for tips and inspiration? CLICK HERE